The purpose of the USIHC Education Committee is to further the goals of the USIHC and FEIF by developing and supporting programs to educate and promote general understanding of the unique qualities of the Icelandic Horse as well as its correct use as a competition and riding horse.
Caeli Cavanagh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Method of Discussion
e-mail list, teleconferencing when needed.
- Finalize USIHC guidelines for FEIF trainer seminars and certifications
- Development of FEIF Trainer Preparation course
- Translation of materials for use in FEIF trainer seminars
- Marketing of the Riding Badge Program
- Development of materials for the riding badge program
- Development of a yearly calendar of events
- Offering regular USIHC Education seminars and presentations
- Help produce educational articles for the Quarterly magazine
- Administrative support and further education of intern judges
- Administrative support and further education of trainers
- FEIF Education
- USIHC Trainer Seminar Information
- USIHC Competition Seminar Information - PDF
- Riding Badge Program FAQ
- Riding Badge Program - PDF
- Riding Badge info form for Organizers/Instructors - Excel
- Schooling Show Handbook - PDF
- U.S. Breeding Judge Program
- Horse Care and Safety Handbook by Zoe Johnson
Educational Articles from the Quarterly
- Basic Points of Saddle Fit
- The Saddle Goes Where?
- Is Correct Saddle Fit a Moving Target?
- Equine Polysaccharide Storage Myopathy (EPSM)
- Hay! What Are You Feeding?
- FIRC Group Riding Guide
- Giving at the Poll
- Riding as an Exercise in Everyday Courage
- Dropped Nosebands
- Winter Jumping