Sea 2 Shining Sea Signup
[SIGN UP FORM]
The Fine Print
- Participants must be USIHC members throughout the entire program
- Horses must be Icelandic horses, registered with a FEIF registry.
- Horses need not be owned by the participants.
- Each member can only enter once.
- Members participate as Individuals or in Teams. Teams can only have a maximum of 6 riders
- Once participants join a team they must remain with the group for the rest of the ride. Changing teams is not allowed mid-ride.
- Logged time transfers if participants join a team.
- Participants may start any time during the ride.
- Progress is logged in hours ridden and converted to distances using a 4 MPH conversion.
- Paid riding time is not eligible.
- Participants must email email@example.com to log their hours until the website is rebuilt. Once the website is rebuilt, participants must use the Congress website Sea
- 2 Shining Sea page to log hours.
- Participants must record hours weekly by Tuesday 12PM (CT). Failure to record results in lost hours.
- Participants submitting more than 20 hours for a week must provide details for the long hours by email. The Leisure Committee will will confirm the hours are appropriate and log them for the participant.
- The Landmark achievement recognition can only be won one time per participant to share the experience with other participants.
- Rider of the Month - All riders participating in the Sea 2 Shining Sea program for 2018/2019 season have agreed to have their names put in a hat for a random drawing to determine Rider of the Month. Each month a different name will be drawn. A write up of the Rider of the Month will be posted on Facebook and will go inThe Icelandic
- Horse Quarterly. This is to help the Sea 2 Shining Sea participants get to know each other better.
- Leisure Scout will be determined by the Leisure Committee based on photos and participation on Facebook
Leisure Scout will be announced on the first Friday of each month starting August 2018.
- The achievement of being the first Finisher will recognized with a saddlebag. If a team wins this award, there will be a maximum of 6 saddlebags available for the top contributors. Thank you to Karlslund Riding Equipment for contributing the saddlebags and to Tolt Tack for generously organizing this donation for the Sea 2 Shining Sea program.
- The first 12 participants who finish the entire 9,932 miles receive a tote bag with the ride logo.
- Each participant receives a patch with our logo, when they log their first hours.
- When each individual or team passes the quarter milestones, they receive another patch to celebrate the achievement.
- The first individual or team to reach a landmark, receives a recognition certificate of achievement. All participants in teams receive the certificate when the landmark is reached. Each participant can only receive one landmark award during the ride. If an individual, team or rider is the first to reach more than one landmark, we will celebrate the achievement in the standings but award the certificate to the first to arrive who has not already received the certificate. Landmarks are marked by a ** along the route.
- Each month the Leisure Committee will select a Leisure Scout to be featured on Facebook. The rider of the month will be selected based on participation on the Sea 2 Shining Sea Facebook page.
- Riders participating in the Sea 2 Shining Sea program, will have their names put in a hat for a random drawing to determine the Rider of the Month. Each month a different name will be drawn. A write-up of the Rider of the Month will be posted on Facebook and will be featured in The Icelandic Horse Quarterly. This is to help the Sea 2 Shining Sea participants get to know each other better.
- The first to finish the entire 9,932 mile journey receives a saddlebag. If the first finisher is a team, we will send up to 6 saddlebags. A big thank you to Karlslund Riding Equipment for contributing the saddlebags and to Tolt Tack for graciously organizing this donation for the Sea 2 Shining Sea program. Lastly, the first 12 participants who finish the entire 9,932 miles receives a tote bag with the ride logo.