Sea 2 Shining Sea Signup
To sign up, email s2SS@icelandics.org and include your name, email address, and team name if you're riding with a team.
Please be sure to download the rules and read the fine print below.
The Fine Print
- Participants must be USIHC members throughout the entire program.
- Horses must be Icelandic horses, registered with a FEIF registry or DNA Verified through USIHC cooperation with UC Davis (available January 1, 2021).
- Horses need not be owned by the participants.
- Each member can only enter once.
- Members participate as individuals or in teams. Teams can only have a maximum of 6 riders. Regional clubs may have more than one team.
- Once participants join a team they must remain with the group for the rest of the ride. Changing teams is not allowed mid-ride.
- Logged time transfers if participants join a team.
- Participants may start any time during the ride.
- Progress is logged in hours ridden and converted to distances using a 4 MPH conversion.
- Paid riding time is not eligible.
- Participants must log their hours by logging into www.icelandics.org with your USIHC Member login, select the “Ride” tab to find Sea 2 Shining Sea Ride. Hours must be entered in decimal format and you can log hours weekly or daily, the new week begins on 12:00 AM Wednesday Eastern and ends Tuesday at 11:59 PM Eastern. If you accidentally log hours incorrectly you can log negative hours (ex: -2.5) to adjust your hours.
- Participants must record hours weekly by Tuesday 11:59 PM (ET). Failure to record, results in lost hours.
- Participants submitting more than 20 hours for a week, must provide details for the long hours by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Rider of the Month - All riders participating in the Sea 2 Shining Sea program for 2021 season have agreed to have their names put in a hat for a random drawing to determine Rider of the Month. Each month a different name will be drawn. A write-up of the Rider of the Month will go in The Icelandic Horse Quarterly. This is to help the Sea 2 Shining Sea participants get to know each other better.