Sea 2 Shining Sea Signup
Please email s2SS@icelandics.org to sign up and be sure to read the fine print below.
The Fine Print
- Participants must be USIHC members throughout the entire program.
- Horses must be Icelandic horses, registered with a FEIF registry.
- Horses need not be owned by the participants.
- Each member can only enter once.
- Members participate as individuals or in teams. Teams can only have a maximum of 6 riders.
- Once participants join a team they must remain with the group for the rest of the ride. Changing teams is not allowed mid-ride.
- Logged time transfers if participants join a team.
- Participants may start any time during the ride.
- Progress is logged in hours ridden and converted to distances using a 4 MPH conversion.
- Paid riding time is not eligible.
- Participants must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to log their hours until the website is rebuilt. When the website is rebuilt, participants must use the Congress website Sea 2 Shining Sea page (www.icelandics.org/s2ss) to log hours.
- Participants must record hours weekly by Tuesday 12PM (CT). Failure to record, results in lost hours.
- Participants submitting more than 20 hours for a week, must provide details for the long hours by e-mailing email@example.com. The Leisure Committee will confirm the hours are appropriate and log them for the participant.
- The Landmark achievement recognition can only be won one time per participant to share the experience with other participants.
- Rider of the Month - All riders participating in the Sea 2 Shining Sea program for 2020 season have agreed to have their names put in a hat for a random drawing to determine Rider of the Month. Each month a different name will be drawn. A write-up of the Rider of the Month will be posted on Facebook and will go in The Icelandic Horse Quarterly. This is to help the Sea 2 Shining Sea participants get to know each other better.
- Leisure Scout will be determined by the Leisure Committee based on photos and participants on Facebook.
- Leisure Scout will be announced on the first Friday of each month starting February 2020.