A complete description of the registry rules is available. Please review these rules or contact the Registrar if you have questions about registering a purebred Icelandic Horse in the United States.
If you have questions, please contact:
Ásta Covert, USIHC Regstrar
P.O. Box 1724
Santa Ynez, CA 93460
Phone:(866) 929-0009 [extension 2]
The best way to contact the office is by e-mail.
Office hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 – 3:00, Pacific Time. (Closed weekends and holidays.)
The US Icelandic Horse Congress Registry accepts PayPal for all registration transactions that require payment of a fee. Simply complete the following information, click the "Pay with PayPal" button to complete the payment transaction and include a copy of your receipt with your registration forms.
- Ownership Transfer Form
This form is to be completed in cases where the buyer and seller of a horse are not in the same location. The form and the signed Certificate of Registration can be submitted to the Registrar to effect the transfer of ownership. Use of this form is not required if it is convenient for both the buyer and seller to sign the back of the Certificate of Registration.
- Domestic Application Form
- Imported Application Form
- Stallion Report
Breeding stallions require an annual Stallion Report.
- DNA Conversion Test Form
To request a DNA conversion of a previously bloodtyped horse. Send a copy of the DNA results to USIHC.
- DNA Form
- Register an Identification mark
Fill out this form free of charge to have a microchip and/or freezebrand added to your horse's record. AVID chips preferred by USIHC for Breeding Evaluations.
- Request duplicate (replacement) certificate of registration.
- Breeding farm name change form. Used to change the farm name portion of a horse's registered name.
- Color Code Table
- Form for Use of Farm Name
- Original Certificate of Origin and Import Date
- Registration Certificate issued by FEIF
- Proof of Import date
- Proof of Dam being bred in Iceland
- Copies of genetic marker report and parent verification
- Copies of the new genetic marker report and parent verification
- Certificate of Ownership (from Iceland)
Sample horse passport issued in Iceland.